Driving in the U.S. if you are not a citizen

Depending on the U.S. states you will visit, you may need an International Driving Permit (IDP) as well as a driving permit from your country. If you are a citizen of another country and are living permanently in the U.S., you may be able to get a regular state driver’s license.

Here you can find more details about driving in the U.S. if you are not a citizen.

Subscribe to our newsletter

Learn about new services and legislation in the US and other countries

We will help you