Get tax form (1099/1042S)

Tax forms 1099 and 1042-S are documents used in the United States to report various types of income to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). These forms are typically provided by payers to recipients and also submitted to the IRS for tax purposes.

Form 1099:
– There are several variations of Form 1099, such as 1099-MISC, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, etc.
– 1099-MISC: Reports miscellaneous income, such as freelance or contract work.
– 1099-INT: Reports interest income.
– 1099-DIV: Reports dividends.
– 1099-R: Reports distributions from pensions, annuities, retirement plans, etc.
– 1099-G: Reports government payments, such as unemployment benefits or tax refunds.

Each type of 1099 form is used to report a specific type of income, and the information on the form helps the IRS track and tax income that may not be reported on a W-2 form.

Form 1042-S:
This form is used to report income paid to foreign persons, including non-resident aliens, by U.S. payers. It covers various types of income, including wages, scholarships, fellowships, and certain types of dividends and interest.

The purpose of the form is to ensure that the U.S. government can track and tax income earned by non-U.S. residents.

For both types of forms, copies are provided to both the taxpayer (recipient) and the IRS. The recipient uses the information on these forms to report income on their individual tax return. The payer is responsible for furnishing the correct forms to the recipients and submitting copies to the IRS. It’s crucial for taxpayers to accurately report all income, including that which is documented on 1099 or 1042-S forms, to ensure compliance with tax laws.

Subscribe to our newsletter

Learn about new services and legislation in the US and other countries

We will help you