Renew U.S. Passport by Mail

Renew by mail if you respond “Yes” to all statements below about your most recent passport:

– I can submit it with my application.

– It is not damaged (other than normal wear and tear).

– I have never reported it lost or stolen.

– It was issued within the last 15 years.

– It was issued when I was age 16 or older.

– It was issued in my current name, or I can provide another document such as a marriage certificate or divorce decree that is evidence of my name change.

– It was not limited to less than the normal 10 year period of validity for an adult passport due to multiple passport thefts or losses, or due to issues with passport damage or mutilation.

Subscribe to our newsletter

Learn about new services and legislation in the US and other countries

We will help you