Request a Copy of a Consular Report of Death Abroad (CRDA)

Here you can find how to request a copy of a consular report of death abroad (CRDA).

A Consular Report of Death Abroad (CRDA) can only be created overseas at a U.S. embassy or U.S. consulate in the country the U.S. citizen died. We issue copies of CRDAs filed in 1975 or after to next of kin and legal representation for estate purposes.

If the CRDA was issued before 1975, contact the National Archives and Records Administration.

Subscribe to our newsletter

Learn about new services and legislation in the US and other countries

We will help you